Today on “Inside the Economy”, we examine the impact that COVID-19 has had on the U.S. job market. As a society, we have witnessed numerous recessions over the last 75 years but none quite like this. How will the uncertainty regarding Coronavirus effect unemployment over the long-term? As Americans wait to see what is next, many are sitting on more cash than usual. How is this impacting spending and has it affected stock market returns? Tune in to find out!
- COVID-19 spurred a dramatic change in unemployment numbers, different from previous recessions
- Although unemployment numbers remain high, we are starting to see an increase in hiring and job openings again
- We have seen an increase in mortgage delinquency but it is nowhere near 2008-09
- This year has been a volatile year for all asset classes but gold and 10-year Treasuries remain on top
- Corporate debt and money supply continue to climb