This week on “Inside the Economy”, we look at data points on one of the most important pieces of the economy, the consumer. Retail sales continue to recover and climb higher with home fitness equipment and food delivery leading the charge. Will this trend continue with the rise in COVID cases across the U.S.? In the stock market, major indices continue to reach all time highs as volatility deflates. How will the stock market perform into 2021? Tune in to find out more!
- Unemployment is down slightly
- Core inflation is still mute.
- Junk bond yields, reach lows not seen since 2014
- The financial stress index has come back down to “normal” levels
- Stock market indices continue to rise