This week on “Inside the Economy”, we take a deeper look at inflation. With core inflation rising to 3.8%, is this price inflation in the market a long-term trend or transitory? Unemployment numbers continue to shrink as unemployment benefits lessen and folks get back to work. U.S. imports begin to increase again as demand for cars and other goods skyrocket. TSA Checkpoint travel numbers have drastically increased, showing that Americans are ready for a summer vacation. There is a major drought out West, which states and industries have been affected the most? Tune in to hear about all this and more!
- Unemployment numbers have dropped to 5.8% as unemployment benefits decrease
- Corporate pensions are almost 100% funded, the first time since 2008
- The U.S. Stock market continues to climb, showing drastic improvements since June 2020
- TSA Traveler Throughput breached 2 million travelers in one day last week, the first time since March 2020
- Arizona manufacturing, California farmland and the almond industry may have a difficult 2021 due to a Western drought