Our annual Client Appreciation Event took place on October 9th at The Cable Center, which is located on the University of Denver’s beautiful campus. Our guests enjoyed a large spread which included prime rib, build-your-own tacos, lettuce wraps, a chocolate fountain, and even mini root beer floats. Despite the rain, the night was entertaining, mind-stimulating and very enjoyable.
To start off the presentations, Eileen gave us an interesting review of the firm’s most recent business trip to Indonesia and Singapore. Then, for the second year in a row, we welcomed Chief Political Strategist Greg R. Valliere to share his thoughts on the political and economic landscape. He shared the following 6 big themes he feels the media has gotten wrong or has exaggerated:
- Washington is hopelessly broken
- The Federal Reserve is gridlocked
- The budget deficit has plunged and we don’t have to worry about it
- The Republicans are now resurgent
- Hillary Clinton would be terrible for the market
- ISIS is the most frightening geopolitical issue facing us today